Friday, June 25, 2010

Apartment woes.

Let's talk about how much I hate my apartment...

Our microwave is on milk crates in the kitchen. Until recently, our
dishwasher had no wheels on the racks. The dryer needs to run 14 times
before clothes are dry. I think clothes come out wetter than they go
in. My window won't open. The closet door doesn't move. The floor
squeaks. The hot water in the shower lasts about five minutes.

I could go on.

Of course, all of this pales in comparison to our last apartment,
where we didn't have to worry about a dryer or a dishwasher, because
we didn't have one. Or a kitchen for that matter.

So I can live with and even tolerate the issue we'd been having until
recently.

Please tell me how a third floor apartment floods?

It's been hot recently, and we don't deal well with hot. Because of
this, the AC has been on. What we didn't know is the AC leaks. A lot.
Maybe 4 gallons a day, if not more.

So for three days our room was flooding, until Mikey noticed the floor
was wet. We vacuumed and cleaned (ok, Mikey did) and the room looks a
lot better. We have a tub under the AC that is gathering tons and TONS
of water...

I can't wait till we have a real house... And don't have to try to get
a landlord who couldn't care less (and lives 5 minutes away) to fix
things. Grr.

No comments:

Post a Comment